06 Oct Research internship ‘Non-sovereign jurisdictions’
Research internship ‘Non-sovereign jurisdictions’
As of the 1st of December 2017, KITLV is offering a three-months’ internship for an MA-student in Political Science, Public Administration, or History.
The intern will be working within the project ‘Confronting Caribbean Challenges’ and will be supervised by Professor Gert Oostindie, dr. Malcom Ferdinand and dr. Wouter Veenendaal. Her/his tasks will be to collect and analyze data regarding:
- the economic, social and ecological development of non-sovereign jurisdictions worldwide since 2000
- differences in these respects between the jurisdictions and their metropolitan states
- political responses in these jurisdictions, in particular regarding their political status and relations with the metropolitan states
The internship will take place at the KITLV and will be for at least 3 months, 3 days per week (this is equal to 10 ECT).
- the opportunity to gain working experience at an international research institute
- the opportunity to give a presentation during a research meeting and to attend seminars within and outside KITLV to expand your academic network.
- an internship fee of 180 euro bruto per month (based on 3 days per week) and if needed travel expenses will be covered.
Please send your application to Prof.dr. Gert Oostindie: ln.vl1516384066tik@e1516384066idnit1516384066soO1516384066
The deadline for this application is 27 October 2017.