29 Nov Job vacancy: Junior postdoctoral researcher
The Koninklijk Instituut voor Taal-, Land- en Volkenkunde (KITLV) / Royal Netherlands Institute of Southeast Asian and Caribbean Studies is a research institute for the interdisciplinary study of Southeast Asia and the Caribbean, with a focus on Indonesia and the ‘Dutch’ Caribbean.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic
Junior postdoctoral researcher
– has research experience in the field of the humanities or social sciences, on and in Southeast Asia or the Caribbean
– has completed a PhD thesis in one of these fields no earlier than January 2017
– has published at least one article in a peer-reviewed international journal
– speaks at least one of the local languages of either of these areas
– preferably has affinity with new tools and research methods in audiovisual media and/or e-humanities
During the appointment the researcher:
– will conduct research within the following research clusters: State, Violence and Citizenship or Mobility and Belonging.
– is expected to prepare a project proposal which will be submitted to an external funding agency such as a NWO/VENI or ERC grant.
– will publish her/his thesis and write articles to be submitted to international peer reviewed journals.
For more information on KITLV and the research clusters we refer to our website.
We offer a one-year position starting in Spring 2019, which can be extended with one more year; coaching and a dynamic research environment; an excellent library next door; and good research facilities.
Appointment will be according to the terms of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO Nederlandse Universiteiten). The function is validated in the University Function Ordening system (UFO) under the profile “Onderzoeker (researcher)”. The salary will be set, depending on education and work experience, between € 2,640 and 4,166 per month, based on fulltime (38 hours) employment (salary scale: 10). KNAW offers an attractive benefits package.
KITLV is committed to diversity, inclusiveness, and equal opportunities.
Applications & deadline
Applications consist of a cover letter, a 2-page research proposal, a CV, and two letters of recommendation and should be sent before January 5, 2019 to drs. Yayah Siegers (ln.vl1544736158tik@s1544736158regei1544736158s1544736158).
You may contact Prof Henk Schulte Nordholt, head of research of KITLV (ln.vl1544736158tik@t1544736158lohdr1544736158onetl1544736158uhcs1544736158) for more information.